Tool Design Engineer
Tooling Design, Design, Mechanical Design
Savannah, Georgia, United States
CAD, CATIA, Machine Tooling, GD&T
Performs engineering work related to the design of complex tools and equipment used in the manufacture and support of aircraft manufacturing.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Under minimal supervision, design, tolerance and annotate tooling in 3D CAD environment that will be used in the manufacture and support of company aircraft.
2. Collaborate with engineering, manufacturing engineering and operations to determine optimal manufacturing procedures.
3. Present design concepts to a design review team composed of representatives from manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, operations, safety, and other Tool Design Engineers.
4. Review and check Tool Designs, as required, to ensure conformance to specifications, intent, methods, and procedures.
5. Write complex procedures on the use of tools.
6. May act as Team Leader, assigning work tasks, maintaining workload schedules, and setting priorities to ensure timely completion of department goals and corporate objectives.
1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
2. Assist Tool shop as needed, during Periodic and Conformity Inspections.
3. Assist in formulating Tool Design policies, procedures, and specifications as required. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Must possess excellent CAD/CATIA modeling skills, have a strong understanding of GD&T.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of materials, material strengths, heat treatment method and uses.
3. Ability to conceptualize the following with little or no supervision. Assembly tooling, Composite tooling, Machine tooling, handling equipment, and scaffolding.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience enough to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Four (4) years drafting/design experience to include documented experience in a tool or machine shop environment. Tool Design experience required.
- Start date: 12/10/2018
- Estimated end date:12/10/2022
- # People needed: 2
- Shift Variable
- Planned hours per day9
- Planned days per week 5
- Base Rate (per hour) $ 48
- OT Rate (per hour) $ 48
- DT Rate (per hour) $ 48
- Travel Time Rate -
- Travel Trips Allowed (per month)-
- Travel Hours Per Round Trip -
- Expenses are not reimbursed